Six Months Out - Full Body Picture

Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Day in My Sleeve

Here is what my daily food intake looks like at 3.5 months post-op:

8 am - Mini Babybel light (6g protein) eaten only because I can't take my meds on a totally empty stomach
8:30 am - meds, half a bottle of water
9 to 11:30- finish that bottle of water, have a cup or two of decaf coffee
11:30 ish - Breakfast or lunch, usually 1 egg, most of a piece of toast or leftover something from dinner the night before: 1 rib and leftover veg; or 3 oz rotisserie chicken with either 2 oz of veggie or a V8 juice. Sometimes I sub the meal with a protein bar.
12 to 3- more water, usually flavored with Mio drops. If I want a snack, I'll have another babybel or a couple of bites of the rotisserie chicken
5-7 pm- dinner. I can eat 2 ribs and some veggie or about 3 oz of fish/chicken/pork. Usually I can't get much in here for veggies, maybe 3 or 4 bites of a cooked veggie or 2 bites of a raw one like broccoli or cauliflower.
7-8:30 pm - more water, or hot tea, etc. This is when I'd have a protein shake if I'm low on protein.
9-10pm-snack, usually a SF pudding or, like tonight, I'll have a piece of sandwich meat rolled with a slice of real cheese like swiss or muenster. Since I usually go to bed somewhere around 11pm, and I take a handful of medications then, too, I need something to keep me from getting sick. I'll wait half an hour after my snack and drink another half to whole bottle of water while taking the meds.

Even with all that, I'm usually between 800 and 1000 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment