Six Months Out - Full Body Picture

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chewing up food and spitting it out?

Some of you may know me from the Vertical Sleeve Talk Boards. Someone there posted about chewing up food and spitting it out.  Something about chewing up a food and spitting it out just strikes me as wrong! LOL 

I'm really worried about crossover addictions and my mental attachment to food, so chew/spit doesn't sound like something I'd want to get into doing. Also, I had this surgery so I could live a more normal life. Normal people eat what they want, but they have the ability to stop when they are satisfied. That is what/how I want to relate to food.

For me, I think it would be unwise to get into the habit of chewing and spitting out my food.

 I am working to retrain my appetite to want what my body needs. Already, I've noticed that food now is either "protein" or "not protein". I have changed how much I eat and what motivates me to eat, so I've made progress. This is a life change, not a diet. From here forward, I want to use food to fuel my body and eat to live, NOT live to eat.

So, that's my philosophy on that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I've told so many till I'm blue in the face that doing that is an eating disorder and called "cupping". I don't think I really respond too much to those posts anymore because I'm always ignored. Folks only want to listen when they want to hear. ;) You're doing great Melissa!!!

    ReplyDelete