Six Months Out - Full Body Picture

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bad, Horrible, Very Not Weight Loss Related News

I've waited a few days to post this because it's just totally fresh, raw, and painful. One of my best friends in this world died last Saturday. I originally met her when I did some recruiting for a Network of notaries. We became fast friends and I've probably spoken to her every day of the last 5 years.

Last week she had some weakness in her right leg and, after urging from everyone she knows, she went to the doctor on Thursday. He told her that she was fine, prescribed antibiotics and sent her home. She joked with me Thursday evening that the doc told her "This won't kill you."

It didn't. The coroner gave his report and says that she died of heart and kidney disease. I know for a fact that she didn't know she had either one.

Lynn, my friend, was a wonderful person. She had her moments of non-wonderful, but so do I. Her daughters are grown, barely, and the youngest had just left home right before Christmas. If she could see them, she'd be proud of how those gals and their daddy have stepped up and handled things in the last few days. I'm amazed that daddy is coherent since he was with Lynn when she passed. I haven't asked for details, but I understand it was very sudden.

I'm attending her memorial service tomorrow to say goodbye to a woman that I have come to love like a sister. Which means that we've fought and hugged and shared the details of our lives in great detail. I'm going to miss her. Words cannot express how much. I'm still in disbelief and shock. I keep waiting for the phone to ring and for Lynn to laugh and say "Wasn't that a funny joke?" Then I'd have to beat her, but I'd be so happy to hear her voice that I wouldn't know what to say.

Time to go figure out what I'm going to wear. I'm not sure that I have anything funeral appropriate that fits me. Definitely not something I wanted to be doing today.

I'm gonna steal Toby Keith's words: "I'm gonna miss that smile. I'm gonna miss you my friend. I'm not cryin' cause I feel so sorry for you. I'm crying for me."

3 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for the sudden loss of your friend. My gf died 5 years ago leaving behind 10 day old twins (you might remember from the board if you were reading then)and a 3 yr old. I still dream about her from time to time. Sometime in my dreams she is still alive and hiding out. As much as I want to hurt her I love those dreams as I remember her the best. (((Melissa)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words. :) I remember that gal you're talking about. That was tragic!

    The memorial service was just as tough to get through as I thought it would be. It was great to put faces to her family members, most of whom I "knew" through conversations with Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so horribly sad. I am sorry that you lost your friend. *hug*

    ReplyDelete